Terms of Trade
By accepting a quotation or estimate (hereafter “quotation”) from April Sky Design or April Sky Maps (hereafter "April Sky") you signify your agreement to the following terms and conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, a quotation is valid for a period of 30 days from the date of the quotation and is subject to sight of job.
- Placing an order with April Sky constitutes acceptance of the quotation.
- Quotations based on current costs are subject to change on acceptance or at any time thereafter to take into account any fluctuations in such costs.
- All work carried out at the customer's request, whether experimentally or otherwise, will be charged for.
- If you place an order and subsequently cancel the order, or suspend work without prior agreement on the project for more than 30 days, April Sky will charge for work carried out up to that point, including both time and materials.
- April Sky reserves the right to charge the legally due level of Value Added Tax on any good or service, whether or not included in the original quotation.
- While every effort will be made to supply the quantity of books or other goods ordered, we reserve the right to reduce the quantity delivered by up to 10% and modify the price charged to take this into account.
- Materials passed to April Sky temporarily for the purposes of carrying out work shall remain in April Sky's possession at the customer's own risk, unless previously agreed. April Sky shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by uninsured objects.
- In the event of default on a debt, the customer shall reimburse April Sky for any legal or other costs incurred in recovery of the amount.
- April Sky shall be indemnified by the customer in respect of any claims, costs and expenses arising out of any libellous matter or any infringement of copyright, patent, design or of any other proprietary or personal rights contained in any material designed or printed for the customer. The indemnity shall extend to any amounts paid on a lawyer's advice in settlement of any claim.
- All text supplied to April Sky should be in a finalised form prior to design. In the event of more than 30 typographical changes being requested to the text of any single piece of design work, we will charge additional time spent making typographical changes at a rate of £20+VAT per hour.
- We will do our best to meet deadlines requested by clients in terms of delivery of goods. However as there are many factors outside our control, we cannot guarantee that such deadlines will be met and the client undertakes to pay for all work carried out regardless of whether or not a requested deadline has been met.
- Quotations do not include delivery charges. Delivery will be charged in addition to the quotation, unless otherwise agreed.
- April Sky shall not be liable for indirect or consequential loss or for any loss to the customer arising from third party claims occasioned by errors in carrying out the work or by delay in delivery.
- These conditions and all other express terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the country.